Monday, May 10, 2010

Yes there's a baby in there - I'll get the proof tomorrow

So I'm still getting people who don't quite believe me when I say I'm pregnant.... I'll say I'm 21 weeks and they'll say, "Oh, really?" as they look at my stomache skeptically.   And I just want to say, No I just like to pretend, you know - I'm crazy.  Maternity pants still don't fit - they only sag off my rear after about 10 minutes of wearing them.  And my "skinny" jeans are too tight, so I may just have to go out and buy some regular pants - only one or two sizes bigger.  I remember having this same problem with Colton...Maximus not as much because I gained more weight with him.  But anyway...

I think we're the only family from Nic's unit who lives on Kinser...which I find kind of weird, since this is where they place everyone who works on Futenma.  But then again Kinser is somewhat of a ghost-town.  We almost never run into people and there's NEVER anyone at the playground when I go there with the kids - which as long as its not raining is practically every day.  The only good thing is there's never any line at the Commissary when we go grocery shopping.

Colton continues to mimic and repeat everything that Maximus does which at times is just straight adorable but at other times, I end up having to discipline 2 kids instead of just one!  Maximus keeps talking about school and everyday he still wants to wear pants so he can "look nice for school."  It'll be 80 out and he will insist on jeans and a jacket.  And then of course Colton has to wear a jacket and then I have to practically change them as soon as we get outside in the sweltering humidity! 

We're getting settled.  I wasn't able to buy paint the other evening because apparently the paint section has special hours and I got there after they closed, so hopefully tomorrow we can get some after our ultrasound.  We really, really need to paint!  Then I can hang our pictures on the wall.  Then we need our couch to come in.  Then we can buy an area rug for the living room and it will be complete.  We still need some dressers for Nic's and mine room and probably one for the new baby - even though at the present time the baby has NOTHIING except a pack'n'play.  So we should probably get a swing.  And maybe some clothes.  And once the baby is born we'll need to get a new dining room table since ours only seats 4.  Which is fine because I want to turn that table into a puzzle/project (aka coloring with the boys) table in the office.  Nic wants to get a Japanese-ish looking table but I told him then we should just a low coffee table & get mats and eat on the floor...  But there's really so many neat things here we want to buy but we're scared to buy some because we know our kids will just break it....we need to wait like 5 years.  But we only have 3 ..so maybe right before we PCS back to America.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!