Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trip to see Daddy!




Well, this weekend didn't exactly go according to plan, but it was great nonetheless. Solveig and I left at exactly 7 pm central time and checked into the hotel at 11:15am eastern. It was a looooong drive but we made it there safely with the boys. We napped a bit until Nic got liberty which ended up being earlier than we thought. He called me at around 1pm, so I left with Maximus to pick him up from the base. He was waiting for me at the McDonald's with some of his buddies and let me tell you...I was shocked! His clothes were literally hanging off his body! He looked like he had just been released from a concentration camp - all skin and bones. We ended up going to Target that evening to get him some clothes that fit and once he was changed, wearing clothes that fit, he looked a lot better!




We tried to swim in the pool, but the water was FREEZING. Even for Nic so you know it had to be cold. And even though the website said they had a hot tub, they didn't so that was a big bummer. But oh well. We went out to dinner with some guys from his platoon. They're a nice bunch. The kids were melting down though by the time we were done since it was WAY past their bedtime...I'm sure many of the guys were thankful they were single w/no kids by the time we left to get back to the hotel. haha...




In the morning we got a phone call from some of the guys in Nic's platoon saying he was supposed to be in formation because the sergeant instructor put him on probation - for what we don't know - because Nic was never informed he was even on probation. So I had to drive Nic back to the base at 7:30AM (my body was telling me it was 6:30 - way too early for me!) and then I came back to the hotel to wait for Nic to call me and let me know what's going on. As punishment for not being in formation Nic was not allowed to leave the base. So we spent Sunday with me driving back and forth between the hotel and the base (10 miles apart - hwy). The only place we could really go on base was the MCX - which is like a Target I suppose. So Sunday was really disappointing. We weren't able to do anything we really had planned, but we got to see Nic and that's all that matters. !! WE had a good time together and I'm so glad we went! Thank you to Solveig for coming, because I couldn't have done it without her!! Nic kept telling me over and over how awesome you are, Solveig!




I dropped Nic off at 6pm and drove back to the hotel (Solveig was watching the boys while they napped for us). It was really hard to say goodbye again, but at least it's only for 4ish more weeks. One month! Solveig and I left at 7:30 central time and we got back at 10am. Another long drive and it feels good to be home. I just wish Nic was with us!

2 comments:

Katie M said...

OMG!!!! I can't believe they did that to him!! It's maddening when the military pulls that kind of crap - a very powerless feeling. I have nearly lost my mind over that sort of thing. Good for you for making the best of it, though!

Alicia said...

Thanks for letting us know how everything went! I've been dying of suspense all weekend! I'm glad you at least got to spend time together. Nic looks awesome!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!