Thursday, February 5, 2009

Potty Training


I've been hard at work the past few days attempting to potty train Maximus. I dress him in the morning with a pair of "training pants." You know - the underwear with the extra material in the front and back. It absorbs but yet still feels wet. I've been trying to get him on the toilet every 30 minutes and we're to the point now that Maximus cries as I force him to the bathroom. And I've been bribing big time too :-/


We're at the point now that he knows when he is peeing....its just a matter now of learning how to hold it in order to make it to the bathroom. It really stinks too because when he is running around like a half-naked man cub I can't go anywhere....not that there's really anyplace TO go. But I do need to get the oil changed and pick up pictures from Walgreens....how exciting, I know :-)


Talking to Nic this past weekend was AWESOME!! I felt like he existed! He said he's lost 10 lbs already! I've never seens him weigh less than his departure weight so it will be interesting to see him in another 6 weeks! I'm sure he will weigh even less. He claims the food there is good and he eats like a horse, though.


I know this week was really tough for Nic, but after today the worst if over (for the week at least). Monday and Tuesday he was Candidate Platoon Sgt. which basically means he's in charge of his platoon and reports directly to the Sgt. Instructor (who calls Nic the funny man....FUll Metal Jacket, Scott? lol). Tuesday I know he camped out, but he said he was looking forward to that. I guess since it gets dark so early, it meant that he would get to bed early. Wednesday I think SULE 1. Small unit leadership evalution (I hope thats right). IT's a pretty big deal and how you do on 1 and 2 can determine whether you pass or fail at OCS. Today I belive he has a 5 mile run he needs to complete in under 40 minutes. He was nervous about that since he's not exactly a runner. He said a lot of these guys run the 3 miles in 18 muinutes, while he runs it in 22.


I'll get to talk to Nic earlier this Saturday than last week, since this week he's not duty platoon. So I should get a call from him around 2 Central Time as opposed to 7:30 last Saturday.


Speaking of this weekend, Friday Susan, Elena, Kyle and Myself and the boys will be going to Alicia's house in IL. Saturday will be a small jewelry party to make jewelry for Hannah's wedding and also a party for Chloe, who is turning 1. It will be good to see the girls and Maximus has been talking about the goats, of course :-)


While I'm talking about Saturday, I realize this Saturday is the 1 yr annversary of the Kirkwood shooting - my prayers are with you Scott and Ann to get through that day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!