Well, Tuesday was my designated "I miss Nic Day." Basically I decided to give myself a pity, feel sorry for myself day. I find that it actually helps. Give myself one day and then back to Super Mom! We ate candy and cookies all day and watched TV practically staying in our pajamas all day.
Maximus likes to write Nic letters now and has done so every day since we've gotten back. I ask him what he's telling Daddy and it ranges from, "I miss Daddy" to "I play basketball with Daddy." Anything that looks like it could be a cell phone he pretends to be talking to Nic. Last night he took the speaker from our TV surround sound and put it up to his ear and had a whole conversation with Nic. It was soooo cute!
I put Colton's pack n play in Maximus room and they slept in the same room for the first time last night. I wasn't quite sure how it would go, since Colton goes to bed before Maximus and he's such a light sleeper and ... well, Maximus is not quiet to say the least. But it surprisingly went very well. Colton went to bed at 7 as usual and Maximus went to bed at 9 (I had to watch the Biggest Loser!). Of course Colton woke up when I put Maximus to bed and started to cry, but I just left the two of them in there to figure it out...hoping Colton would fall back asleep soon, which he did in a matter of minutes, all the while Maximus is saying from his bed, "It's OK Colton, it's OK." It was so sweet. Hopefully this arrangement will work from now on, because I enjoy having my office back!
Well....this weeks looks like its going to be pretty boring - and I hate boring. It makes the time drag by oh-so-slowly...but next week we leave for TX for my brother's wedding and then it will only be 2 weekends until Nic graduates! Hopefully the time will fly by...I'll have to think of things to do to help speed it along :-)
Please everyone keep Nic in your prayers, and keep sending him letters. He loves reading them, and he says they're the highlight of his day!
Here is an old video of Nic and Maximus...its about 2 years old. I think Maximus is about 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment