Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Say WHAT?!

All my hard work and it comes down to this...." a little too cluttered and he thought it showed much better in the photo's." Yeah that's right. We had a showing this past weekend and I will admit I did leave a few things out that I should have put away.....but seriously? Too cluttered? My house is BARE!! I was afraid of this. The pictures do look good. I was afraid they would make it look too good and alas....it has.

The boys are in bed and I've spent the last hour going around the house and putting things in boxes that I don't NEED out in order to survive. It's really depressing. It's sad that I have to basically NOT live in my house in order for it to look good enough to buy. Don't people realize that I'm not selling them my stuff with the house? They get an empty house, so just look at the walls and floor because that's what you're getting - not my personal decorations. GR! I'm sorry but this fellow that looked at my place has really touched a nerve. I worked so hard ALONE(aka without Nic), juggling two small children, to get this place looking like it does....and its still not good enough. It's enough to make me cry. But he's only one person. Hopefully the next person won't be so critical and understand this place is lived in and will forgive me if I left a toy out. Because really - my house is NOT cluttered.

On a happier note, Maximus is practically potty trained. He was in underwear ALL day today and stayed completely dry. Even during his nap. I'm so proud of him! We even spent about an hour and half at Walmart today and he told me when he had to pee and we rushed off to the bathroom (which is not easy with Colton and a cart full of items I just bought, esp since I have to help Maximus get his pants off). We got the oil changed in the van today and they recommended I get a new battery. Wonderful, right? Just add that to my list :-)

Well, on an even happier note, I decided to go see Nic this next (Chinh - this or next, I don't know...so I'm using both) weekend. He told me on the phone not to come because he didn't want me to have to drive 14 hours with the kids. It was a "martyr no." Meaning he wants me to come but for my sake told me no. I didn't get to talk to him much on Sunday because of a test he had to take (it took MUCH longer than he planned) and I know it upset him, as it did me....those short phone calls are all I get, except for an occasional letter - but I don't hold my breath on those. So after our conversation of a whole 32 seconds, I decided, why not? .... So Solveig and I are driving Friday night with the boys to see him. I sent him a letter today to let him know. I can't wait to see him. I never knew a month without him could be so hard. I can handle the physical aspect of him being gone better than I thought - handling the kids and life in general....its not having a husband around emotionally that's been really difficult.

Well. We're almost halfway done. This week is week 5 of 10.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!