Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thank you Colton for waking up Elora

Colton forgot that Elora was sleeping and went into his room to get clean underwear after going potty (not quite sure the stroy behind it) and woke her up.  Only about a 20 minute morning nap.  So I'm now listening to the beautiful sound of her crying in her bed - she so desparately needs to fall back asleep. I think I'll give her 5-10 more minutes before I cave and get her.

It's a beautiful day.  Gorgeous.  I can't decide if I should go to the beach or stay home and do laundry.  Maybe I'll get laundry started and then head out.  With rainy season approaching, I don't know how many more nice days we'll have so I should probably get out while I can with the kids.  They're like dogs - I need to take them out for a "walk" or "run" everyday hahaha.

Maximus didn't wet the bed last night for the first time in I don't know how long.  I'm praying this will be the first of many.  We'll see....

I can't believe how big Colton is getting. He's lost all his baby attributes and is now completely all little-boy.  In some way it seems like he wasn't a baby for very long and in other ways, he seems so much younger than Maximus was at that age.  We enroll him in preschool this Friday (along with Maximus) and I can't believe he'll be going to school!! I think it's so much harder to wrap my mind around since Maximus is so old for his grade, whereas Colton will be so young.  So of course it seems so soon!! Hard to beleive that if Maximus was born 2 weeks earlier we would be enrolling him in Kindergarten for the fall!! But I think if that was the case we would hold him back.  I'm all about holding back August boys.  Especially seeing Maximus interact with other boys born a whole 11 months after him that would be in his same grade.  I mean, there's just no comparison.  And Maximus gets frustrated playing with them because in so many ways, they still act like babies compatred to him.  Socially they are so behind - and with being almost a full year behind him, that would be expected!  I would rather him be ahead then behind.  Which leads us to Colton being one of the youngest for his grade, since he's a June baby....but I feel like June isn't late enough in the summer to hold back, and since he has an older brother, I don't think he will suffer socially or academically as a result of his age.  We'll see how preschool goes, I guess. If he struggles, then of course we'll make the best decision for him. 

Ack! Elora is stll crying.  That's the absolute worst sound in the world.  Nic was just saying the other day how they should play an infant cry during military training because there is no other sound as stressful that puts you on edge as that.

Alright, I guess I'll go get here and we'll get our suits on and head to the beach :) I will definitely miss Okinawa when we leave in 2 years!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!