Nic has finally shedded his "butter bars" and was promoted to 1st. Lt! It's an automatic promotion but a very important one. People finally can give you respect because you're not fresh out of TBS and so it felt really good for Nic to finally get 1ST!
He had to wait until he returned from Thailand to do it and the CO (I think) is the officer that did the promotion. It had a very "informal" feel to it, since he was the only one getting promoted, but as always I really enjoy seeing Nic "be a marine." His friend Kyle and I pinned his new rank on him.
While we were inside, my friend Ellie watched the boys outside so we didn't have to worry about them being loud. We've learned from past important ceremonies that they don't do well when they can see Daddy but can't have him. (OCS graduation, TBS graduation, and Air school graduation.... I missed most if not all of every one because I had to take them "out.") We were SO grateful for her to come at the last minute to watch them. It was a bit chilly outside, but the boys had fun playing with her and her son Parker. We are all going to be very sad when they PCS in a couple months :(
Elora stayed inside with Nic and I and was content just being cute. Of course I didn't realize until I saw the pictures that Ellie took that I didn't do a very good job of cleaning all the carrots off of her face! oops!! The following pictures Ellie took for us :)
This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys!! I love getting candid shots of them. I think I may have to order this one in a 10X13 for their bedroom!


No comments:
Post a Comment