Tuesday, April 19, 2011

61 degrees = freezing.

I've been busy lately.  With such awesome weather we've been having we've gone to the beach countless times (Ok, maybe 5-6 times) since the last time I really sat down and blogged.  When I take the kids to the beach, we're there for most of the day and the boys fall asleep in the car on the way home.  By the time we get upstairs to our apartment, it's between 4 and 5 and I give Colton and Elora a bath, Maximus a shower and get dinner started.  Nic comes home...And then it's clean up and put the kids to bed and then it's bed for me!  Little time to sit....But it's a fun life I live, so I can't complain!!

Maximus still wets the bed at night.  I still won't admit he has a problem, but Nic is starting to get concerned ... we agreed, though, that if he still has this problem by his 5th birthday that I'll talk to his doctor about it when he sees her for his check-up.  I just feel like it's normal, especially with Nic leaving so frequently - I really believe it's his body's way of dealing with the stress.  I've been putting him in cloth diapers at night, but given the fact that he's the size of 6 year old, it feels absolutely wrong to put a diaper on him.  The whole process just feels wrong!  But there aren't many options out there for cloth pull ups.  I did find one that I like and want to try out, however I don't know if I want to spend close to $100 on Cloth Pull Ups.... But it might be worth it.  We'll see, I'm going to think more on it and see what Nic thinks...

Colton decided yesterday to palm the hot hot stove.  He now has a nice burn on his hand resembling the burner.  He cried and cried and cried, but we got his hand under running water within 20 seconds and today he's doing much better.  We had to cancel our trip to the beach today though, and instead we went to the Lincoln Log park (with friends Malakai and Ammon).  He took the bandaids off his fingers and got Cheetos all over his blisters, but no damage done :)

Elora has turned into out little piggy!  She loves to eat and I'm pretty sure she would graze all day if we let her!! I think we're going to graduate her from puffs to cheerios because it's getting expensive!! If you eat food in front of her, be prepared to share with her, because she will hoot and holler until she gets some! Maybe she will finally put on some weight! (at her 6 month appt, she was in the 9% at 13lbs!)

It's a madhouse here right now.  Elora is an angel and is in bed for the night. However, my boys (Nic included) are wrestling in the bed next to me - makes for a very distracted blog!!  Nic has now sent them to the bathroom to go potty and brush their teeth.... He's putting toothpaste on their brushes... smelling Maximus' breath...."Go potty... I wanna hear you putting pee in the potty!".... Bedtime routine is always long and dragged out when Nic does it! (mostly because he's ordering from the bed, haha)

Our friends the Zielkes are coming to visit next week.  They come on Easter and will stay through the following Sunday.  We're pretty excited and we plan on having tons of fun and doing sight seeing!  Pray for nice weather so we can go to the beach and snorkeling a lot!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!