Wednesday, April 6, 2011

*ssshhhhh*

It's really quiet. But I don't expect it to last.  Nic took the boys to the commissary to get groceries and Elora is down for the night.  There's about 6 loads of clean laundry on the living room floor I could fold, but instead I'm enjoying the quiet..... that most definitely doesn't happen very often!!

We did end up going to Araha beach today.  Of course, as soon as I parked and started getting the kids out of the car, I realized I forgot to grab sunscreen.  So Elora stayed in the stroller most of the time and the boys kept their tshirts on.  I, on the other hand, got a little burned on my shoulders and arms.  It was such a BEAUTIFUL day!! The breeze would get chilly at times, but the sun was HOT and bright.  Once again, I'm kicking myself for not putting on my swimsuit, but I guess it's better since I forgot the sunscreen....It's getting to be that time of the year again when I always keep a bottle in the car!

The boys had such an awesome time playing in the water and in the sand :) They waded (br!) and dug holes in the sand, which would fill with water... and then Colton would jump in the "puddles" of ocean.  There was 2 local mommies there that I chatted a little with.  I so love interacting with the Okinawans!  They knew a lot of English so communication was easy.  They loved Elora, saying "cute" in Japanese over and over :)  They had a one year old, 3 and 4 year old.  They thought Maximus was 7!  But when they told me the boy with them was 4 too, I could see why... he was the size of Colton! So Maximus looked gargantuan!!

We got home and the boys took a bath and I made dinner for my neighbor who had a baby last month and brought it over to her.  Made dinner for ourselves.  My bread came out of the oven a little flat... not sure what's up with that! Nic made fun of it, lol, but he ate it! I brought dinner over to another neighbor who had a baby last week.  Gave Elora a bath and fed her and put her to bed! And here I am :) Sitting.  It feels good!

Haha, and now the men are home :-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!