Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beach Beach Beach Beach :)

Have I mentioned before how much I love living here?

Nic has a 96 (Friday and Monday off).  So Friday Elora and I went to Kuwae to register the boys were preschool for next school year and afterwards we went to the Navy Fleet Gift Shop (about a 20 second walk from school - they share the same parking lot).  I found some good finds - a new shirt and ballet flats for me and some goodies for gifts.  My friend Lyndsey works there so it was great to see her - we've both gotten caught up in our separate lives and hadn't seen other in months. I told her I was looking for a nice dresser and she told me to wait until their Thailand shipment next week - I can't wait to go see what they have! She said the furniture from Thiland is great quality, beautiful and hopefully (this is me wishing) not too expensive.  So we'll see :)  I don't like my furniture to be too matchy-matchy so I want to buy some cool pieces while we're out here....

Anyway, after Elora and I finished our shopping (I could've spent SO much more!!) we met Nic and the boys and Leshanna and her boys at Araha for a nice lunch and afternoon at the beach.  The finally "officially" opened up the beach (although we would play in the sand and wade in the water anyway) so we had a blast swimming in the cold water, making sand castles and running around.  The tide was really low so all 4 boys could touch EASILY all the way out to the net.

Nic got sunburned and the boys and I are a little pink (but not burned).  We'll have to make sure next time to reapply sunscreen more.  I applied a high strength baby suncreen to Elora and kept her in the shade of the stroller most of the time so she still looks pasty-white (the way she should!).  But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she gets a tan going - its inevitable in this place!

Today Maximus had basketball and then we went out to lunch with the Warners (Leshanna).  We went to an Okinawa noodle shop.  YUM! The boys ate fried rice (wich was AMAZING) and we got goza, which is like a pork dumpling.  Also incredibly good.  We need to eat off base more often!!  If Nic was allowed off base in his uniform, you can bet we would be meeting for lunch at these resturaunts more often!

On a different note, Elora has her first tooth :) Once it's visibile in pictures, I'll take some and post.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I really enjoy reading your blogs.Thanks for sharing!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!