Nic has returned and we are slowly getting back into our family routine. Maximus has handled his return well - although he hated to see Nic go to work last and wanted him to put him to bed at night. Colton has reacted with his for-no-apparent-reason tantrums. You've heard me blog about those - where he breaks into a scream/cry because I'm 10 ft in front of him, or because he changed his mind about wearing cowboy boots vs. sneakers 10 times and when he finally got his boots on he breaks down because he finally decided to wear sneakers! But it's been a week and they're slowly subsiding. We just have to keep reminding ourselves that that is the way he acts out the uncertainy of Nic's coming and goings. We can't discipline him for it, so we just ignore it and stay patient with him.... I think next year he will react much better.
I've rearranged our house or the millionith time. Nic's come to expect this from me so he doesn't even bat an eye anymore! I put Elora in the boys' room and moved the desk to the livingroom - behind our couch. So Elora's old room/office is now the playroom! So that there are no toys in the kids' room. The boys go to bed AWESOMELY! They know how serious it is to have Elora in their room and to wake her up would mean spanking all around! So Elora goes to bed at 7, the boys between 7:30 and 8, depending on naps. I think it also helps that they are only in their room to go to sleep. Since they don't play in there, they only associate their room with sleep. I LOVE having a playroom. And I think they do too - they'll spend hours in there, destroying my organization. But oh well :) Maximus likes to help clean - Colton usually claims he's helping when all he's really doing is playing, lol.
Maximus continues to wet the bed everynight. I've given up and I now put him in diapers every night. I feel like we're encouraging him to wet the bed by putting him in a diaper, but I just can't take him waking up everynight because he's wet and having to take of it so we call all go back to bed and THEN wash the sheetst in the morning. It was just gettting to be too much. It's frustrating, especially since Colton hasn't wet the bed in MONTHS. But now that Nic is back, and not due to leave again soon, maybe his bedwetting will stop. We'll see....
Elora isn't crawling yet. But she turns around in a circle on the floor and reaches for toys - she just doesn't have the muscle yet to go up on her hands AND knees at the same time. She's not sitting yet either - she'll sit, but won't last very long before she slides to the side or forward. She's close, but not quite there yet. She sleeps through the night (12 hours) and I've started her on mashed bananas and cut up jared peaches - she loves her food!! I feed her solids around lunch time and she gets food again when we eat dinner. She nurses 4 times during the day - I recently cut out a nursing because of all the food she eats, so she's been waking up early mornings to eat and go back to bed... I'm giving her a week of this before I go back to nursing her 5 times again during the day... I think she's just upping my milk supply so she should go back to her regular 12 hours at night soon....At least that's what I'm hoping :) It's all trial and error when it comes to feeding! So we'll see!!
I got my Sunday school curriculum in the mail from Pax Domini Press.... It covers the Lutheran Liturgy and I'm so excited to start with the boys today. I know I'm going to learn a lot with them. What I love about this, is that we'll have this for them through about 8th grade, with it getting more in depth as they get older. I bought work books and put the pages in plastic sleeves so we can use dry erase markers on them. The youngest it starts is 5-6 year olds so it might go over Colton's head, but that's ok. We'll probably use the same work books until we move back to the States (Maximus will be 6 going on 7 and Colton will be 4 going on 5) Anyway, I'm excited to start the kids on some Sunday school, since chruch is so hit or miss here.
No comments:
Post a Comment