Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent

Solveig...she's so cute :-)


Susan, knowing exactly how to pose - and nailing it!


4 of the 7 sisters: Solveig, Susan, Ingrid and Ann
*New Dress* :-)



Advent by Candlelight came and went. It was another beautiful service filled with candlelight and beautiful music. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Advent has offically begun! I must say this is my favorite time of the year! Nic has the next two days off and even though Maximus has given me his cold I plan on enjoying them!!
This is our exciting agenda: get our will figured out, speak to lawyer, Nic - chiropractor, make dentist appointments for Nic and myself, make flu shot appointments, finish as many odds and ends on the house as physically possible, call realtor, pray Jeffco Siding puts our fence up...I'm sure I'm missing another boring chore but I'll leave it at that. It's so exciting being an adult...I think if I knew this was what being an "adult" was really all about, I would've wanted to stay 9 for-ever (said, if you can imagine, in the same manner as scene from Sandlot)
FYI - I caught Maximus sneaking another chocolate before church yesterday. I'm pretty sure he got 2 before I finally saw what he was doing....clever, clever boy. He told me today when I told him I loved him, "I love Papa (Timm)! I want swim in Papa's pool!" He's so random. And again with the random card - at Culver's today, walking in, "See Hanny, Jenna-Aubrey?" For some reason today, he was saying "Jenna-Aubrey" as if they were one and the same...Anyway - he misses you guys and can't wait for Christmas. :-)
More random: Maximus claims he got "owies" on his legs and knees from tackling Payton and Emmit (cousins) but he hasn't played with them in over a week. He will also tell people his name is Nolan (9 yr old cousin he practically worships). The other day he was trying to eat strawberries with a fork but he kept dropping them... he then proceeded to "spank" his hand and tell it "naughty! naughty hand!" I informed him he could just eat it with his hands and forget about the fork.
Bedtime with Maximus is SO EASY now. It's almost too easy. Jammies, brush teeth, prayers. Get in bed with covers, basket of books and "nightlight guy" and he immediately tells me (or Daddy) "Go shower" or "Go laundry" or "Go play computer." We working on being polite but it seems he doesn't need us at bedtime anymore! 8:30, both kids are in bed and Nic is playing basketball. Christmas music, fire in fireplace, Christmas lights.....
*sigh of content*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!