Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Maximus is so "spirited"...

Christmas is already a week away!! Crazy! I still need to go shopping for Nic. He's so hard to buy for. Luckily he gave me a hint - we played 20 questions the other day, so now I have an idea. Next Tuesday (23rd) we leave for Alicia's house. It's been a while since we've seen everyone - so we're super excited to visit with them all. And I'm sure Maximus will love to see his cousins (whom he still talks about) and we can't forget Calvin's Goats. Next year we'll be....??? Probably somewhere on the East Coast. The last Christmas I had here in STL was 2 years ago...and who knows when we'll be here again. I don't plan on traveling 14 hours to celebrate a holiday. That does not sound like celebrating for me - Mommies always end up working overtime when that happens. Right? :-)

Maximus has been SUPER naughty lately. Driving me crazy at home and embarrassing me out in public. We've raised him to be respectful and to obey us but lately I feel like we're starting from scratch with him! And ever since I went to WI he won't let me out of his sight. I used to be able to roam freely in the house - doing my chores while he plays in the living room but now he freaks out when I leave the room and he has to come with me (Unless Nic is home). Naptime and bedtime is a nightmare. I have to be with him until he falls asleep otherwise he screams and says, "I'm scared! Monster-Closet!" Now how can I close his door and let him cry it out when he says that. "I want Hug-Kiss, Mommy! Hold me!" And then when I finally do get him to sleep, he'll wake up within an hour crying for me. And it starts all over again. But this time it'll take FOREVER to get him to sleep. As in over an hour. And it took an hour to begin with. So I'm not sure what to do about this dilemma. Nic is on nights so its all me. UGH. Luckily Colton goes to bed super easy.

Colton is crawling all over the place. There's not really much to say about him....he doesn't do anything exciting or funny yet :-) He enjoys being pushed around by Maximus who tries to hold him and pick him up daily. Poor child :) I am constantly telling Maximus, "No! Get off of Colton! He's too little for that!!" Maximus just doesn't get it that Colton can't play "Hike" with the football yet...

Nic was gracious enough to watch the boys and Stephanie (also 2) while we had our Ladies Day Circle Christmas party last week. While we were gone....Stephanie had to go potty and Nic came across the 2 kids in the bathroom with Maximus trying to help Stephanie get her pants down! Nic sent Maximus out of the bathroom to which Stephanie replied, "No! I want Maximus help!" hehe...

Well....I must go tear Maximus off of Colton...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!