Well, the boys and I spent the weekend in WI visiting my sisters (and you too, Chris) and attending their Christmas concerts. Nic had to work so he spent the weekend all by his lonesome self. I'm not sure how he does it - he's barely home but still manages to turn it into a disaster zone...talent. Of course the trip couldn't be a simple one either. Colton got sick and had miserable nights. I think I averaged 4 hours of sleep each night there. He still has a nasty cough but last night he actually slept last night. So I think we are on the up side.
I must tell this story because I found it so funny. We went swimming at a hotel Friday night. My mom and dad were holding Colton in the lobby, enjoying their fireplace and Christmas lights. I believe my dad was holding Colton when a man stopped and looked at my parents, "Uh, Um....Are you two babysitting?" My mother, "Why no! This our second marriage!!" I'm sure she turned and looked dreamily into my dad's eyes as the man, embarrassed, walked off. "How dare he assume we're too old for Colton to be ours!" -my mom told me after I heard the story. Mom - you are hilarious! I really wish I could have seen his face!
I must make a confession. My van got stuck in the snow in WI as I was trying to back out of my parking spot. Dad, Jason and Chris had to help me out. As they are pushing and pushing....I notice my parking brake on...I'm sure they wondered how all of a sudden my van just magically got unstuck. *oops* Jason - sorry about the pants, let me know if the stain doesn't come out! Times like these when I feel like a girl...I'm so embarrassed...
As I'm sure some of you know, we're getting our will together. Today in the car Nic informed me, "You know, Hun...if you go on life support I'm pullin' the plug." Thanks Darling. I love you too. (He later corrected himself and said it would only be after 30-some years and he only wanted to see my reaction. Thanks Darling. I love you too.)
We (Nic and I) found out that Maximus can turn the Christmas lights on. As we're getting breakfast together this morning he said, "Christmas, Christmas!" And we watched as he went to the power stip and flipped on the tree lights. Smart little rascal. We can't get anything past him anymore. And he's getting stubborn. The picture above....with the milk. It literally took him AT LEAST 40 minutes to finish that milk. "Don't like it! No milk! No milk! WAAAA." Literally, he cried, "waaa." No idea where he picked that up.
Colton is getting better at crawling. I've caught him underneath the tree a few times. It's hard to believe he's almost 6 months already!! He's growing out of some of his 6-9 months clothes too, which is ridiculous because I don't think he's as big as Maximus was. But then again, sizes are not standardized so it all depends on the brand.
Colton is getting better at crawling. I've caught him underneath the tree a few times. It's hard to believe he's almost 6 months already!! He's growing out of some of his 6-9 months clothes too, which is ridiculous because I don't think he's as big as Maximus was. But then again, sizes are not standardized so it all depends on the brand.
Nic leaves in one month.
OK, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it - for some reason it won't let me put spaces inbetween my paragraphs....anyone else had a problem with this?? It's completely ignoring my "spaces" and acting like its got a mind of its own! It's driving me nuts!! GR!
No comments:
Post a Comment