Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A REAL Doctor

Took both boys to the dr. today and this time I would see no one except for OUR DR. Thankfully he was there today and he gave me levalbuterol to give the boys through a nebulizer. Colton does OK as long as I hold him while standing, but Maximus just cries and who can blame him? Some loud contraption with tubes and blowing smoke and I want him to put it in his face? If I were him I'd fight it too! (we had to do it to him last spring - I don't think he remembers) Dr. said it sounds like a strain of RSV - yippee! As long as they don't get pnemonia or ear infections we should be good. The breathing treatments should help clear it up in a few days.

One good note: Maximus is doing better going to bed! And last night, after waking up 2X before midnight, he slept in his bed until 7AM!!!!!! Of course, being the hover-Mom that I am, I had to check on him at 4AM to make sure he was still alive. I'm sure though, once Nic leaves we'll go through it all over again. And then again when we move. AHHHH, the joys of parenting :-)

I'm trying to think of anything cute the boys have done....and nothing specific comes to mind. Maximus wants to be more and more independant, saying, "I do it" for pretty much everything. You have to get creative, because some things he just can't do yet...so you have to sneakily help him do it. Colton has been kinda fussy - seemingly wanting to nurse all day. I'm not sure if he's growing or just sick, but its not really fun for me. He's REALLY getting mobile now and pulls himself up to stand on anything that's 6 inches off the ground. And Nic....He hasn't done anything exceptionally cute lately....:) Although I know he already bought me my birthday present! He sees the dr. tomorrow about his foot, so hopefully they say he just has to suck it up and he'll be fine.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!