I know I have stressed in the past how sneaky Maximus is but let me tell you...you don't know the half of it. Just this evening Nic saw that Maximus was eating something that looked like chocolate and, sure enough! He had gone into my bag and was unwrapping my Dove dark chocolates. But that's not all...we watched him and saw that he was taking a piece of chocolate and heading into the kitchen under the table to unwrap it - so we wouldn't see!! He then shoved it in his mouth, throwing the wrapper on the floor and emerging with a silly grin on his face. We told him no more and I moved my bag out of his reach. Later we found a wrapper in the sink so who know's how many he stole before he got caught!!
I got out our Christmas things today and put everything up. Tuesday Nic is off so we are going to get our tree then. I had bought some stocking hangers last year on SUPER clearance and was excited to use them. I put them up on our mantle with our stockings and went back to the box to unload...Maximus saw the hanging stocking and got excited and "ran through" them, if you can picture that, with his hands flailing, shrieking. It didn't take long for the shrieks to turn to tears as I heard a clunk - thump - crash..two of those heavy hangers fell right on his head! The poor darling cried on my lap for at least a full 5 minutes and he let me hold "Batman" (his ice pack shaped like batman) on his head as he cried and got left over ketchup on my white shirt (yes I forgot to wipe his face after his 2 corndogs for lunch - too excited to decorate!) So no stockings on our mantle this year!! I have them hanging from our railing leading upstairs. They look nice. I'll save my broken hangers for 10 years, maybe I can use them then...
Colton is crawling forward!! It's not the conventional hand and knees though. He does more of a pathetic soldier crawl and reaches with his arms. He's getting around though. He's starting to get upset when I leave his line of vision - Maximus never did that :-) So I'm enjoying being wanted, although I'm sure it will get old very fast!
Tomorrow night is Advent by Candlelight! It's going to be SO awesome this year! We have so many performances and I'm sad that we probably won't be here next year for it. I'll try to remember to bring my camera and take pictures...but I'm a huge scatterbrain so don't count on it hehe.
Nic told me the other day that Afton has canceled ALL overtime for the rest of the year!! YEA!! I'm so excited! I think God planned this since Nic is leaving in January - Thank you God :-)
WOW...they're showing a SUPER DUPER OLD episode of Star Trek on ABC... Anyway, I better go do my Sunday School craft for tomorrow.
1 comment:
The way you described him running through the stockings...HA. And while it's not funny for Maximus to be hurt, I just knew what was coming next. Poor guy. Um. Sure, you can send him down for potty training. Can we keep him in the cage with Dexter amidst the process? ;-)
Post a Comment