Nic is at work - night shift, working a double in the morning so 9PM-2PM. UGH! I absolutely HATE it when he works doubles. I'll get a hint of what a normal family is like for one day and then its another 8-10 days of craziness... If he ever gets a job with NORMAL working hours I will be the most appreciative wife you'll ever see! Night shift is super annoying at our house because we have no door to our room (we took if off when we first bought the place because it was busted and never got a new one) so the boys and I have to tip toe around the house so we don't wake up Nic and I can't really get the boys dressed in the morning because that is a long process that would surely wake him up and so once I'm downstairs I really can't go back up because Maximus just follows me around all day. So needless to say I never can get anything done when Nic is on nights.....yuck - I hate the night shift.
So I guess I should be kinda glad that Nic will be still at work in the morning because then maybe I can get laundry done and vacuum and blah blah blah....all that house-wife work ;-) I actually made myself a chore list to try to keep on top of everything. I'm hoping that once Nic leaves, it will help me keep busy and not mope around the house. Of course with him gone I won't have to clean up after him....And how come no one ever told me how much work a husband is?? I mean seriously!! I love you honey but come on...I think you even know what I'm talking about. Let's just say he has a habit of leaving things around the house. Well I still love you honey and I'll let it slide since you DO work (it feels like) ALL THE TIME :-)
So anyway...both boys are asleep. Well I'm hoping Maximus is asleep. I haven't heard any books falling or feet banging against the wall in a while. Ever since we let him take books to bed with him and give him a handheld night light shaped like a guy, he's been going to bed like a gem. No more hour long session to try to get him to go to sleep. Its so nice. It gives me time to relax, watch the news and most importantly - SHOWER. Colton goes to sleep awesome. Just lay him in his crib and he rolls over and goes to sleep.
We went to PetCO tday to see some animals. Maximus loves the bunnies. They had some puppies there today too and he would just go back and forth between the two. I told Nic I needed a dog to protect us for while he was away at OCS and he said that would be fine, but it leaves when he comes back. Now that's just not fair. I've always wanted a dog and I know Maximus would LOVE to have one but meanie-head Nic says no. :-) But since we don't even have a yard to let a dog out in, I'll give Nic this victory...
7 weeks and 5 days until Nic leaves :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment