We took a trip (we drove) to a neighboring island - Ikei Island - and went to a beach there. It was AWESOME. By far the best beach we've been too. The water was CLEAR, the sand was great (although there was corral bits once you got in the water, it didn't hurt at all like some beaches). There wasn't a net like the beaches on the west side of Okinawa (we were on the east side) so I guess they don't have the same problem with the poisonous jellyfish here maybe? Nic and I took turns to go out with the goggles (they don't allow snorkels) and look at the fish in the deeper water. It was so amazing! Really made Nic and I want to go snorkeling. We know people that go several times a week, but its not as easy with kids :)
As we were leaving we saw a sign stating prices - we definitely didn't pay. We had no clue; just walked in. *oops!* Oh well, it would have been worth it anyway - we'll take anyone who comes to visit!! Hopefully the yen rate will be better then ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment