Tuesday, July 19, 2011

cranky boys

Ugh.

I can't stand the way my kids react to Nic's absence.  Colton reverts to a baby and cries and throws tantrums while Maximus gives me attitude, yells and cries.  With Colton, the only thing that helps is holding him more and making sure he gets more sleep than usual.  With Maximus, I've had to take away privileges and be "mean."

I understand that this is the way they deal with stress and I just have to stay firm and loving at the same time - but it gets real annoying when he's only gone for 1 week and they get like this!!  Can you imagine how they would be with a 6 month deployment??  I can't and sure don't want to!!

Thankfully, though, they haven't really CRIED for him.  They tell me constantly, "I don't want Daddy go to work" but with Solveig here, they've been kept pretty occupied and distracted.  I took the boys with me to get the mail on Futenma (where Nic works) and they asked me if that's where Daddy lives... Makes me wonder what goes through their little heads!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!