The boys had dental appointments yesterday. We left the house, got to Kadena (a 20-30 minute drive), took all the kids and Solveig inside the visitor center so we could Solveig's pass (Kadena is an Air Force base and they're really annoying about passes... we have to get a new one each time a guest goes there) and we started on our way to the medical center when I realized that I had left the boys' medical records at home!!
So I had to turn around and go back to Kinser to get them and come back. It took an HOUR, luckily we were early, so we ended up arriving only a few minutes past their appointment time (however, they make you arrive 20 minutes early, so technically we were VERY late), but I had called to let them know so I didn't have to feel to guilty (although when I did call they didn't even ask for my name, so I don't know how they knew who was going to be late....)
ANYWAY, I left Solveig in the waiting room with Elora and Colton, Maximus and I went back to a big room with a half wall - so basically two exam rooms, but mostly connected. Maximus was such a big boy and sat down in the chair and listened to the hygienist and followed his instructions immediately.. Colton wanted me to hold him, so I sat in the chair with him and then I told him I had to check on Maximus and asked if he could sit like a big boy while I checked on him, and he was fine with that! He can be easily distracted :) So both boys sat like champs while the hygienists brushed their teeth, counted them, flossed them and then sat nicely for the dentist while she examined their teeth and applied "vitamins" to their teeth.
Colton has one spot on the back side of his front teeth that we need to watch, while Maximus has 6 cavitites!! So Nic and I have to decide how we want to go through with the procedure to cap and fill (or whatever) his teeth. These are all on teeth that he'll have until he's 9, so we definitely need to do it. We have three options: 1) local anesthesia, 2) local anesthesia with laughing gas, 3) put him out and do surgery. For options 1 & 2 we would do 3 procedures. I'm leaning towards option #2.
Nic comes home on Sunday :) Get excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment