Sorry it's been a while since I've last posted...we've been kind of busy!! We successfully moved all of our household goods - either to a storage facility in Maryland or on a ship somewhere headed to Oki. It was kind of strange seeing all our belongings head out towards different destinations on different days. It was also annoying - as there were some items that for some reason they didn't pack and so some of my friends ended up with "gifts."
Random side note that I'm still bitter about - someone STOLE my bird feeder!! Probably that kid I yelled at for dropping the F-bomb at the playground....he gave me the dirtiest look - the kind that made me fear of revenge from him. I also had to yell at him for a fist-fight that went on in our backyard....Needless to say I'm glad to be out of Sky Terrace!!
This year we spent our Christmas with the Bolstads...we'll be leaving tomorrow to have Christmas with the Timms. It was nice to see STL and all my family that we' hadn't seen in 8 months. But as good as it is to be here, I can't wait to get to Japan and set up our home and get situated! But my excitement will have to be contained - we still have 3 months!!
The boys have taken this move-transition period a little roughly....especially Maximus. I made the mistake of telling him too soon that Daddy was going to have to live away from us for a little bit - and so now he is VERY attached to Nic. He cries when he goes downstairs or to the bathroom - basically whenever he leaves his sight. And its really embarrassing when he does it in public! I worry about the affect these next few months will have on the boys...
Merry Christmas everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment