Sunday, January 3, 2010

Highlights from IL

Our trip to Nic's sister's house in East Central IL has been fun & full of memorable moments... Highlights include the following:

*Nic takes Maximus to the potty at a gas station on the way to Alicia's...just before he pees Maximus looks at Nic and says, "Daddy, my penis is SO BIG."  (I have no clue where this concept came from - the only thing I can think of is that Colton has a "turtling" issue with his and Maximus always comments on it in the bathtub) (I wasn't going to blog about this originally but Nic informed me that I HAD to because it was so funny.)

*Lovely wedding of Nic's Aunt Sharon to Bob, retired from the Air Force.  The boys were almost angels for the service... Colton flirted with all the ladies behind us (we were in the 2nd row) and Maximus clung to Nic the entire time as usual.

*Maximus sneaking into the girls bathroom at the reception because Aubrey (same age as Maximus) was in there going potty, crawling under the locked stall door to watch her go potty and asking, "Aubrey - where's your penis?" Aubrey was pretty confused as I'm sure that's the first time she's heard that word.  My poor child has no concept of what's appropriate... and I suppose its high time I teach him before he starts preschool next year...

*Playing the wii w/Nic's family - a Sword fighting tournament.  Mom Timm is HILARIOUS, the underdog getting 2nd place whooping up on us all to get there!  Nic of course took 1st place.

*Bowling on the wii.  Mom T bowls slow and scoops the wii-mote LOW and I of course have my method that was made fun of and not so easy to do with socks on - pretty sure I slipped on the hardwood floor and practically did the splits - yikes!

*Opening presents!!  All my new dresses, shirts and shorts, sewing basket and bath and body works!  Nic's new clothes, book... what else did he get?  The boys got some great gifts as well - books, puzzles, matching games with the whole Timm family's pictures, animals, naughty guys... Everything all in addition to the great gifts we got on Christmas Day - ah where's my memory? I think I left it in the hospital room I had Maximus in....

*SNOW!  Taking the kids out to play in all the snow!  BRRRR!!  The boys did OK with their dog Tess...still scared.  The few animals in the barn, as always, were a big hit!  Calvin hurry up and get some more goats!!!

*Maximus and Colton sitting on Gramps' (Nic's Grandpa's) lap...Colton patting Gramps' tummy and Maximus asking, "There a baby in your tummy?"

*Nic putting 5 mints in my coffee at the wedding reception... I THOUGHT my coffee tasted funny...of course he didn't tell me until I had drank it all - wondering what kind of creamer I had put in it!

*Watching Alicia play tennis.... need I say more?

*I'm pretty sure I took out a piece of Alicia's ceiling playing wii....opps!

*Seeing friends - Heidi Lucier and her beautiful daughter!! Mark Butzow - Nic's childhood friend, we missed seeing you Gina!

*Maximus attempting to have a slumber party with Aubrey in her bed at night....but crying when Daddy would leave the room...

All in all it's been great to visit Alicia and Calvin and see Nic's family, except Dani - Nic's sister, unfortunately we HAD to see her and put up with her all weekend.  Just kidding Dani.  I only wrote that because you're sitting next to me :P

As always I'll try to get some pictures posted soon.... :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!