Well, I've been back about a week from driving with Nic to CA. Colton has woken up a few times in the mornings crying, "DA-DDY!...DA-DDY!!" It's soooo sad and pathetic. But when he got to skype with Nic (Colton has usually been asleep when we get to skype) all he did was smile and stare at the computer screen....wouldn't say "daddy" - and Nic hadn't heard him say it yet!! But he finally did, and he even kissed Nic's face on the screen good night.
Maximus talks to Nic almost every night before bed and pretty much ever conversation includes, "Daddy I want you come home." It's last year all over again! But at least we get to talk and of course skype is amazing! I think its really going to help this time. Nic and Maximus make funny faces to each other and Maximus just laughs and laughs! And then I tell Maximus that Mommy wants to talk to Daddy for a few minutes, so I ask him to play in the living room for a few minutes....which he does willingly, but he's back about every 2-3 minutes asking if he can talk to Daddy again!
Today at lunch time Maximus wasn't eating very well and I told him to stop messing around and take some bites of his banana and macaroni and cheese and he told me," YES - SIR!" and saluted. LOL.
Both boys didn't eat much lunch or breakfast. Maximus was sick yesterday with a stomach bug. He was such a trooper though, letting me know when he was going to throw up. I felt so bad for him. So now I'm just waiting for Colton to get whatever Maximus had...and myself too. It just wouldn't be the same- for Nic to be gone and us not to get sick! haha!
Nic has a test today and sometime soon he'll be switching to night classes...hopefully we'll be able to skype in the morning or afternoon. While he's gone though we have plans to stay busy.... story time at the library, I'm playing in a volleyball league Sunday evenings, making all the dresses for Karis' wedding, all the other things to help with Karis' wedding, a cousin's wedding at the end of the month (I have a babysitter lined up!!), I'm still supposed to try to refinance our motgages....and try to figure out whether we've been medically cleared for Japan yet - we were supposed to get cleared in December before we left for the midwest but SURPRISE! they didn't get it done and the lady has yet to return my phone calls....the annoying things with this is our medical records are being held until we get cleared. And we need our records to get any vaccinations required for the move.... ah! if only the administration side of the Marine Coprs ran as smoothly as the infantry side ! :)
Anyway, we are doing well. One week down :)
No comments:
Post a Comment