Tuesday, February 2, 2010

20 days till Nic

I realize it's been a while since I've posted something - Sorry! I know ya'll have waited with abated breath, wanting to know what been going on in the Timm "Household." :)  The days seem to stretch on for immeasurable amounts of time and it feels like February 20th is never going to get here.  That's when my sister is getting married, and (sorry Karis) more importantly for my kiddos and I, we get to see Nic/Daddy.

I will admit that this separation seems to be a lot easier for Maximus this time around than it was last year.... I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that we've been through this before and he understands that Daddy is coming back....or if Skype is the one connection he has and is making all the difference in the world.... or if it's that we're staying with family - so there's a constant distraction of people.... or if its that Colton is old enough to play with him and all day they are busy getting into mischief together.....Probably a combination of them all I'm sure :)  But whatever the reason I'm just glad I don't have to console a crying child who just wants his Daddy.

Maximus will randomly lift up the screen to my laptop and say, "Hello Daddy! Hi Daddy!! Daddy!!"  -still not quite understanding how we actually talk to Nic via the computer.  Colton will find my phone and put it up to his ear and say, "HI - DA-DDY!!"  Colton will wake up in the morning and stand up in his crib and cry, "DA-DDY!!....DA-DDY!!....DA-DDY!!"  It sounds so pathetic, let me tell you!!  The boys definitely miss Nic!

And of course I miss Nic too... but I think I do a good job of not letting it get me too down.  It's just so hard because the possibility to stay together was there but this is the way it is... I'm sure it would be easier if I had my own home to stay in but then again, its been real good for the boys to have Papa and Grandma so close....of course, Maximus has on a few occasions asked me if we could "puh-lease go to my other papa's house? puh-lease!"  So no worries Timms, he hasn't forgotten you in the least!

I saw on the news today there was a rally in Tokyo recently in protest to the Marine Corps base in Okinawa....Great!  Apparently more will be known about the future of the exact base Nic will be stationed at in May....I'm just hoping we won't have to move before our 3 years are there up...but I suppose I must be ready for that possibility... and I've been warned that Nic will be gone a lot with training exercises...not exactly what I need to hear when we're already separated!

My brother continues  his deployment in Afghanistan I believe.  Keep him and his wife (in TX) in your prayers!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!