Well, I'm finally allowed to make this announcement: NEW BABY DUE IN MID-SEPTEMBER!
The reason I say mid-September and not an actual date is because the date I came up with and the date my new "Doctor," whom I have no respect for, told me is different by a week...which means that since my kids tend to wait 8+ days after their due date to come out I should just go with what my Dr. says and then maybe for once they'll arrive on time!
Why don't I like my Doctor? I'm glad you asked.... For one, she smiled the ENTIRE TIME I saw her for my first visit. And when I say ENTIRE TIME, I mean even through talking. It was weird. Yes, you can smile too much. She also treated me like I was a scared 15 year old. Assuring me (almost condensendingly) that all my symptoms were completely normal. ??? Did she really think that I thought something was seriously wrong with me since I've been experiencing morning sickness and fatigue?? Hello! This IS my third! I also brought the vitamins I'd been taking...I actually did my research for this pregnancy and found that my prenatals I got from the Naval Health Clinic in Quantico (I'd been taking them off and on since we decided to try for a 3rd) were grossly lacking pretty much every vitamin but folic acid...so I've been taking Shacklee Vita Lea plus suplementing with other vitamins (ex iron, vitamin d, fiber, vitamin c...). She told me to stop taking whatever I was taking and just take my prenatals. To which I replied, "I would like to keep doing what I'm doing, I even brought all my vitamins so you could look at them to make sure they're OK for me to take".......And you know what she said? "No, I'll just write you another prescription for prenatals." And she said that with her big grin on her face. Ugh. 2 more points against this doctor: they don't have an ultrasound machine! I have never heard of an OB whose primary office doesn't have an ultrasound machine. So I have to go to the hospital for all of my ultrasounds (luckily only 2). AND lastly, I had to sign about 5 waivers stating that I understand that I'm responsible for covering any costs my insurance doesn't cover. Something tells me this place has had problems.
All I have to say is I only have to see her one more time before we leave the area....and I will never go there again! I miss Dr. Mora :( He was SO GREAT!! Why did he have to retire!! Well, I guess he is like 70 so I suppose that's allowed :)
Hopefully the Doctor I get in Japan can compare to him....
On another note, Nic surprised me by getting everything squared away so the boys and I can move out to California to live with him the last two months we're in the States. We are all SO EXCITED!! We're going to drive out there February 23rd. Probably take 3 days of driving 8 hours. My dad is going to drive with us - his Dad and Step-Mom live in San Diego, so he'll go there to visit them after driving with us.
Maximus asked me today, "Mommy why you bottom too big?" I was trying to squeeze between some furniture. Thanks. LoL
1 comment:
Congratulations! How exciting. I'm not too happy with the OB I picked out here in NY. I LOVED Dr. Colton back in St. Louis. I wish I could have all my babies with his help, because I had such a great experience both times.
I'll have to email you about my experience with my new doctor out here, since I don't want to leave a really long comment! :)
Post a Comment