Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunny CA

We've been settled in here in CA for...has it really been 2 weeks?  The time has flown!  The weather out here has been amazing, but at times can be deceptive.  Take today and yeserday for example: sunny, clear sky - and 40 mile per hour, freezing winds. It practically knocks you right over.  So no park yesterday or today...The kids are getting a little cabin fever, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Nic usually gets a ride to work in the morning which leaves the boys and I free to pick Nic up on his lunch break and head to the park for a picnic and playtime.  It's the highlight of the boys' day.  They've been waking up at 0600 lately so for 5 hours Maximus is constantly asking me when we're going to get Daddy and go to the park and telling me that Yes it IS lunch time because his tummy is hungry!

The boys sleep together in a full size bed, I had Nic take the frame off so it's closer to the floor and he scooted it against the wall.  They actually do well together - as long as they're not wrecking havoc!!  Lately Colton has had some difficulty staying in his bed and will repeatedly come out, so we're constantly telling him to get into bed....but Nic seems to have the magic touch because whenever he puts them to bed, they actually go to sleep...whenever I put them to bed, its madness.  But hey, I'm not complaining, that just means that Nic has to put the little rascals to bed :)

There's a propane grill here and with meat so cheap at the commissary, we grill a lot - which is awesome because that means I don't have to cook!  And Nic went a little crazy at the commissary yesterday with the meat so I think we have enough food in our freezer for several Bar-B-Q's!

Maximus keeps asking me when he gets to go to school...and when are we going to Japan.  He actually gets angry when I tell him that we have to wait until Daddy finishes his training.  I told him we are going to take a plane there and he asked me what we're doing with our car...I'm actually really proud of him for making that correlation!

Colton can't seem to be able to NOT touch any of the cactus plants we have in our front yard.  I guess he's not that dumb because he only touches the "soft" prickles...but they get stuck in his hands and they are near impossible to get out...and they have toxins in them that make them burn..and he doesn't just get one or two in his hands...he gets like 60 in each palm *sigh* ... he seems to be accident prone too.  In the past month he's had 2 bloody noses, a fat & bloody upper lip and a bump on his head.  He has no clue what the word "caution" means!

Nic and I watched 2012 last night.  It was nice how exactly where we live was one of the first places that was destroyed and everyone died...and that Japan was completely wiped out...lol, very comforting!  Well, hopefully the end of world doesn't happen like that movie!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!