Maximus being silly with his clothes
Well, Maximus' latest escapade ended with him in tears... he has such an inquisitive mind and it never ceases to amaze me how much kids pick up and learn on their own - just from watching....
Maximus is in his bed reading books - he fell asleep on couch in the afternoon and as a result wasn't tired yet - Nic and I were downstairs when I hear Maximus give a loud scream/yell and then proceed to cry. And it's really weird how you DO learn your child's cries, because I knew he had gotten hurt, as opposed to his usual I'm-stalling-going-to-sleep-so-I'm-crying-so-Mommy-will-come-upstairs Cry. So I head upstairs and he's holding cradling his hand in his arm and crying rather loudly...Lo and behold, there's a hot curling iron on his bed....
Let's back up. Upstairs I had a box of items in my hallway of things that were going to Goodwill - things that haven't been used in years - and among those things was this old curling iron. Nic had actually brought the box downstairs for me earlier but apparently not before the boys sifted through it.
So I quizzed Maximus and the truth came tumbling out in words I'm pretty sure only I could understand. He had taken the curling iron out of the box earlier. While he was supposed to be in bed he went and got it and mimicking me (I straighten my hair most days) he plugged it in to the outlet behind his door in his room - I think the only one that didn't have covers on it. The dial was already turned up so he just waited for it to get hot, unplugged it and brought it to his bed - burn-free so far. Sometime after this he grabbed it and now has blisters on his hand...
I'm not quite sure what was going through his head but I would never have thought he would think to do that!
Colton wearing Daddy's hat
No comments:
Post a Comment