What is Mess Night? It's basically a celebration night. So all of Echo Company is on base tonight. Wearing Dress Blues. There's probably some sort or protocol/ceremony involved. I know they ate a nice dinner.
While Nic was gone tonight, my neighbor and friend Heidi (whose husband is in Foxtrot Company) watched the boys for me while I went out to dinner with some wives from E Co. It was good to spend some time with them, especially since some of these women - our paths may never cross again...and of course that just makes me feel sad :( Never again will I be in a place where all the other wives I know are in the exact same situation I am in now and understand everything I go through. I've learned to really appreciate my Marine Corps family and I'm sad to leave it for a couple months while Nic is at 29 Palms - since the boys and I will stay with family in the Midwest. To quote my friend Heidi, TBS has not been good to us as far as giving us our husbands ...but it has been great in the friend department! I'm sad ladies to say goodbye to so many of you!!
As you can see here, even Nic has to bend slightly forward in order to carry it... but see how it hits his right above his hips? Yeah, on me - not so much, which made walking in it impossible for me. I really don't see how female LT's walk in theses - they are not made for small bodies.
This weekend we are celebrating Christmas. We want to have the movers pack as much as possible and all Christmas gifts need to be able to fit in luggage - unless its something Nic can pack in his express shipment from CA - so to make it easier we'll open the gifts but not see them again until April. :(
Tomorrow's our anniversary! 4 years :)
No comments:
Post a Comment