Well. I left Nic as the Drury Inn by Lambert Airport this morning. He put his bag in the truck and he rode in a van for his 2 minute drive to the airport, while I drove my 30 minute drive home. @ 5AM. He called me at 8 this morning to tell me that his plane had landed. They were waiting to get their luggage (they all had to check their luggage because of liquids) and then to get picked up by an OCS rep to drive them to Quantico. I'm nervous for Nic (I know HE is nervous) but I'm doing fine myself. I didn't cry. There was another young wife/girlfriend that was there in the morning and she was trying so hard not to cry and she wasn't succeeding. I thought to myself, Nic isn't going off to war (yet) so really, I don't need to get so upset. Yeah it sucks to be without him for 70 days, but you do what you gotta do. God has given me a great attitude about this and I feel good. I'm not worried about me, but I am a little worried about Maximus. But I just need to trust in God that he won't come out of this experience damaged. Even if its just short term. He's still asleep, laying in MY bed, and I was thinking that it's kind of like when we had Colton - Maximus has NO IDEA how his life is about to change. Except its changing in a completely different way!
The house is a disaster and unfortunately Nic left a lot things around the house undone. If he didn't just leave, I would be mad at him! So there's a lot I need to do. But I am doing NONE of it today. I can live in a messy house until tomorrow.
We had a sort of orientation last night and although I don't remember his exact itinerary for the next few days I do know that Tuesday is his initial PFT and Wednesday is Pick-up, when his instructors do exactly that - pick him up. That's where the culture shock begins. Those will be his 2 tough days.
As soon as I know his company and platoon, I'll post his address here. The OSO (officer selection office) is supposed to email it to me as soon as they know it.
I'm tired....I think we'll all stay in our PJ's for today :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment