Stay Busy.
That's what I keep telling myself. Before Nic left I remember feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about him leaving.... and now that we are approaching the end I'm experiencing the same ... anticipation. Different, but the same. If I'm not careful, the anticipation will wear me thin.
So for now, we stay busy. And in an effort to not be driven crazy by my children, I'll be denoting most chores/homework (yes, I'm taking another class) to nap time/after bedtime. Nothing drives me more crazy than being in the middle of something and Elora throws a fit because I can't hold her! So, if I'm never in the middle of something, then I can always hold her and she won't throw fits :) Yes, not an ideal way to live - but for short-term sanity, I will sacrifice :)
I'll never forget my dear friend Ellie's sage advice to me a couple years ago - as long as my kids go to bed loved on, who cares if the house isn't clean? My friend Heidi reminded me, as she was going through a year long deployment, that I need to take care of my own sanity - frazzled moms yell at their kids when they don't deserve it. And I do not want to be a frazzled mom.
So I let things slide and we stay busy .... and happy :)
1 comment:
Aww, miss you, friend. Wish we could be there to help pass the time together. Hugs!!
Post a Comment