We had a fantastically busy week - those are the best. The boys had VBS in the mornings. Elora and I had coffee/chocolate milk dates and cleaned the house while they were gone. It was nice, since it was on Kinser and literally a five minute walk from our door. I got about half of the house scrubbed down and organized - and the best part is, it's stayed that way so far! Elora's been real good about letting me get stuff done - and I think I've done a great job of leaving a task half finished if I need to (oh man, that is so hard to do!!).
This week we have a birthday party on Tuesday, but other than that we have plans to stay busy cleaning (while Elora is napping of course), going to the beach and watching the Olympics. Colton was sick all today with a fever so I don't think we'll make it anywhere tomorrow, but the kids are really loving the Olympics so I think we'll stick around the house watching that. I love how much Maximus is becoming like Nic - he'll just sit and watch whatever sport is on. And he gets into it too - and explains to me what's going on, animating and using LOTS of hand motions. If America isn't playing, he picks a team and cheers them on... although he's known to switch sides, LOL.
Maximus starts football camp in two weeks - it's basically two hours of drills and conditioning for a week. I'm excited for him, and he can't wait. Soccer was fun, but it was very low key: practice was 45 minutes and included more goofing off than running. He needs to get some REAL exercise. He has some new spikes that he's excited to use. He's been slowing breaking them in over the past few weeks.... this kid grows out of shoes faster than any other kid I know! So hopefully they last him all season! :)
1 comment:
I'm watching the Olympics too! When is Nic scheduled to be back?
Post a Comment