I realize the majority of my posts have been on the boring side - mostly just pictures. Sorry - I'll try to write more, probably once Solveig leaves.... :( Sad. But we've had a nice lazy week. It rained on the front end, so today we finally ventured out to Shuri Castle. The whole park is pretty magnificent - the foliage is beautiful and the boys had such a great time finding gigantic grasshoppers and cicadas. They have stamp stations where kids can stamp their map to show where they've been. We really didn't take the time to read much and learn too much - we were on a 2 hour time frame (Thats how long we were allowed to park for)... but after about an hour and 45 min we were all beat. Solveig was carrying Elora and I had Colton on my back in the ergo. And Maximus was barely dragging along! But it was fun and I'm proud of myself for being able to find it (with only ONE U-turn!) :)
Maximus was uber proud of his map.
The ergo is my best friend.
I startled a passing Okinawan family and begged them to take our pic.
Not sure what these were, we pretended they were the 10 commandments. hehe
Massive stone wall. Some of which is probably REALLY old
Magnificent view.
Colton on my back.
I need this on canvas.
The restored Castle. I think the original burned down in WWII????
Where the "king" (emperor?) would sit.
Finding bugs on the way back to the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment