Saturday, May 5, 2012

Loving my home

We made it to the beach again today.  The clouds weren't cooperating with us though - there was a massive black cloud directly over the sun most of the time.  The kind where on either side of it is clear blue skies, so you know this-way and that-way are sunny - but right there where you are, is cloudy and not as hot as it should be when you're at the beach.

There was a TON of people at Araha.  Mostly Okinawans.  But I hit the parking lot jackpot when I pulled up to the narrow, dead end parking lot that was full of tiny cars trying to turn around (how many point turns does it take?) - A kind American was walking to his car and told me: I'm leaving, hop in my spot.  Sweet!  So I didn't have to have a nervous break down trying to turn around in that mess! ...I'm feeling very grateful for my new tiny car - I think it would have taken me 5 tries in my old van to get it parked in that puny parking spot. Fun Cargo = one try. Wahoo! (it's the small things!)

We made Elora a tiny little ocean she could have all to herself.  She loved it!  Until the tide took it away - but we just made her another one :)


She insisted (demanded) that I put the goggles on her.  She is so full of personality!


Sorry, no pictures of the boys. They were too busy in the water, actually playing with some Okinawans - I love it how kids can so easily get past the language barrier! We had a great Saturday!  There's nothing quite like heading to the beach after a soccer game (which Maximus played awesomely, as usual!) ... I know people here who go to the beach once a year.  I have a feeling we'll be going almost every day this summer!  ... Are you ready Solveig?? :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

What cute pictures of Elora!!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!