Monday, February 6, 2012

When I grow up...

We got a Flat Daddy for Christmas last year from Nic's Aunt Marsha.  It's on our door to our hallway (which leads to the bedrooms) and Elora likes to kiss Daddy.  Randomly.  It's very sweet and endearing.

Maximus wants to be a farmer when he grows up.  And live next door to his uncle Calvin and farm with him every day.

Colton wants to be a cowboy and live in the wild west.  He claims Elora will be a pretty princess when she grows up ... however, I'm pretty sure she already is!

Maximus tells me on a weekly basis that he wants a dog.  This morning in the car on the way to school, we passed a lady out walking her dog on base and he said, "I can't wait to move to America so I can have a dog."

This is a picture he drew in school of his most favorite place in the world.  His answer was America.  More specifically, "My family in America."  He drew us with a house and he even drew the dog that he'll have when we move to America.  All I have to say is that we better have a yard because Maximus will be broken hearted if he doesn't get a dog!!! Which... if you know my children, should be interesting.... my kids are scared of dogs, lol!



The above pics illustrate my latest craft.  I wanted it to turn out better, but I was crunched for time - I wanted to get it done before Nic left, so we could measure the kids to see how much they've grown while Nic is gone.  It's a giant "ruler."  (Hello Pintrest!) If I had more time, I would have painted it red and then used black paint to make the lines... however, I ended up using Tung Oil to stain it and a sharpie to make the lines.  It's accurate and I think it looks pretty neat, so I'm not going to complain :)

You can also see our "Flat Nic" on the wall - where Elora kisses her Daddy.

I'm actually almost done quilting one of the boys' comforters - I need to stop by the Japanese craft & fabric store (House of 66 cents - don't ask why it's called that, nothing is only 66 cents!) and get some fabric for the binding.  I want to use fleece - preferably a cheetah print or some other African wild animal print.  We'll see what I can find :)  And when I'm done, I'll post some pics.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Maximus must have been really impressed with Calvin and the farm. I like your ruler...more impressive than just a tape measure!

Saruca22 said...

I love the ruler idea! People used to just mark heights on a special doorway in your house but nowadays people move so much that you don't have that wall forever. This is great bc you can always take it with you!!

Alicia said...

That's so cute about Maximus wanting to be a farmer! I also love the ruler idea! I saw it on pinterest too and am trying to get Calvin to cut a board for me to stain and put up.

Marsha Keller said...

I forgot to ask you at Christmas if you had used the Flat Daddy. I'm sorry Nic is gone, but hope it brings Daddy just a little closer.

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!