My camera is lacking batteries at the moment - I keep thinking I need to get some new ones in it. Especially when the kids and I go to the beach to find coral and shells or we end up at a park we haven't been at in a while.
Elora manages the playgrounds fairly well - I don't feel the need to follow her and block the "death traps," or the random drop offs. She follows her same route- to the slide, down and back to the stairs. Some times she'll go to one of the "death traps" and just stand there and yell at me (I'm never far and I always keep tabs on her). That usually means she wants me to come and either 1) catch her, 2) tell her how big she is or praise her in any way or 3) go with her. I can't believe how big she has gotten in the past month! She can now climb the ladder in their bedroom and get up to the top bunk. When we first got the bunks, I didn't trust Colton to go to the top yet (can you believe that?!) so we didn't drill the ladder in so I could take it down during the day to prevent Colton from getting up there when I wasn't looking. And now we're doing that for Elora!
Colton keeps asking me, almost every day, "How many minutes until Daddy gets home?" ...But the good news is, that ever since we got an air purifier, he hasn't once complained about his eyes hurting!
Colton has had indoor eye allergies ever since we moved here and in the past year they've gotten worse. To the point where 3-5 times a week he would cry and cry and dig his fists into his eyes because they hurt so bad. He would wake up crying in the middle of the night screaming, "My eyes hurt!!" We know there's mold in our house. We live in a sub-tropic climate and the mold standards here are much lower than in the States (meaning, a higher count is deemed acceptable). And I keep a pretty clean house. It may get untidy (toys) and clean laundry may sit in a pile in the living room for a day or two - but my house is clean. But mold is just something that we have to live with here.
Nic wanted me to take Colton to the doctor, but I knew all they would say is "Here's a prescription for zertec, see you at his next well visit." Taking an allergy medication, which severely altered Elora's behavior, was not what I deemed an acceptable solution for my 3 year old. So Nic and I talked about getting an air purifier - and not just a "cheap" one from the PX (Sad that $100 is considered cheap). We wanted one that would cover our entire house and any future house, without any filters to buy periodically.
So we got the Air Fantastic 3000 - it sanitizes both the air and surfaces in a 2,300 square foot house (the next size was 3,000 sq. feet, which we didn't think we''d ever own or live in). It cost us $500 and is only about 18 in tall. You're supposed to put it on a high shelf in a central part of your home, but since we don't have somewhere like that, it's in our dining room, on my little desk. It's silent. We've had it running for almost 3 weeks now and in that time, Colton has not ONCE complained about his eyes!! Seriously, I think everyone needs one of these! It has seriously changed our life :) Good bye indoor air pollution, Hello happy Colton!
Maximus has really started liking playing catch. He begs me to play catch (any ball) all the time in the house - which I will. And at the park. If he thought I could play while driving, I'm sure he would expect me to, too! He starts soccer next week and is really excited. His friend Joey will be on his team. Thankfully, practice is only 2X a week for only an hour and ON KINSER!! Which is awesome! No driving all around the island for practices! We could walk if we wanted!
All in all, we're staying busy - and the days we're not busy I deep clean the house (with many helping hands!). We've almost made it to one month!
1 comment:
Glad the air purifier is working for you. Better than medication!!
Post a Comment