This past week seems to have flown by - my every morning of every week is usually filled with some activity. Afternoons are a sweet reprieve! My calendar is pretty full now-a-days with soccer (Tuesdays for an hour), School (MWF mornings), MOPS (every other Tuesday) and Football (T,W,TH evenings with games on Saturdays). I go to Lap-Sit Story time on Fridays with Elora while the boys are in school and I teach Sunday School every other Sunday. This week I have two Finals (papers) due on Sunday and this morning Nic left for NC for some training for an upcoming deployment. He'll be gone 2 weeks, and he'll miss 3 of Maximus' 6 football games!
Speaking of which, Maximus had his first game today. It was really fun to watch him out there on the field. He usually played .. and I'm going to guess here, left or right tackle? and wide receiver? - but they don't pass, so he usually just ends up running around trying to figure out what he's supposed to do! He only played on offense. They played an 80 yard field and two halves of about 20 minutes each. The coach did a great job ensuring all the kids played a lot. The other team looked bigger than us, and they were better - I'm pretty sure they have a more experienced team. But they don't keep score, which is good - we didn't score any. Any they don't count fumbles.
Here are the videos I took today, you don't have to watch all of them, but I'm posting it so Nic can watch it since he missed it. Maximus is #20. I reccomend clicking on the red youtube sign on the bottom so you can watch it on youtube and expand it to your full screen - otherwise, it's hard to see Maximus.
In this clip (above), they were announcing the team. I was expecting a little more - like each kid running to the middle of the field when their name was called, but oh well. Kind of boring, feel free to not watch it - especially since Maximus is at the end :)
In this clip, I have a hard time seeing Maximus until the end of the play, but then you can obviously see his #20. At the end of the clip, he runs off the field to sub out.
This clip clearly shows how Maximus still doesn't really quite get what he's supposed to do. He's trying to help #81, was I believe was running the ball. Oh well, it'll come together when he's older, LOL.
I'm not sure what happened exactly in this play, but in the end, Maximus ended up with the ball. When I asked him why he had the ball, he said that he ran it because his team gave it to him and then he got tackled. So maybe he played a little "real" offense? I only caught the tail end of it, so you'll have to decide for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment