The days seem to be slowly sifting through my fingers - I have so many projects or fun things I want to do with the kids (or not with the kids!) but my days never have enough time! I still cannot believe that we've been on island for over a year. In a way I feel like we should be getting ready to move again, but then I remember that we still have 2 years here. Which isn't a bad thing, although there are several times everyday that I absolutely detest living in a tower. How often do my kids get to play in grass? Or just spend time outside? Grocery shopping? Forget it, Nic does that for me. It takes me 30 minutes just to get the food in the house.
It's rainy season, which doesn't seem to help. Because now every time we go outside we have a 50/50 chance it's going to rain on us (if it isn't already raining!!) so it's even more of pain to take the kids outside to play! But it helps that we have a playroom. And I've moved the blocks and puzzles and board games to the living room - they like to be able to play wherever I am. So we've got plenty of "rainy days" activities.
It's also PCS season - which means there are tons of people moving to and from Okinawa. My good friend Ellie is leaving next month and I don't even want to think about THAT! (Are you sure you don't want to just *stay* Ellie??!!;) ) There haven't been any new spouses in Nic's unit.... most everyone that was here when we got here will be gone by next year-ish. And it seems almost everyone is single and fresh out of college - a completely different world than the one Nic and I live in!!
Maximus finishes up school on May 26th and hopefully by then the kids and I can head to the beach a couple times every week :) He still is wetting the bed, although it is not every night. As of right now, we are still just going to not make a big deal out of it. Although I did tell him that if he goes a whole week without wetting the bed, that Mommy and Daddy will buy him a cool new toy. Maybe he just needs some motivation! He can write his name and knows all his sounds and letters. I want to work with blending sounds with him this summer and start trying to learn how to read a little bit - just practice sounding words out with him so he can get familiar with it. I'm sure Solveig will have a lot of fun with him this summer!!
Colton fell off the bed last night and got a nice sized bump on his head. So he had to sleep with us which means I woke up hurting from his different body parts and limbs pushing on my back, head, shoulders - you name it! He cries a lot in general and we're not sure why he reacts the way he does. If I walk down the hall when he wanted to walk with me, we're talking a complete meltdown. He is completely unreasonable - having meltdowns in the car because I can't hold him. I'm not sure how to deal with him - for right now we're patient and are reassuring... but it doesn't seem to make him feel more secure or understand. I'm sure part of it is his age - but Maximus was never like this, so it's completely new to us! Hopefully he outgrows it - fast!! Maybe when he turns 3 next month, he'll magically stop! In the meantime, I'm making sure he gets a nap EVERY day by 12:30 and seeing if that helps (I usually don't have time to make sure because we are always on the go, but maybe my extra effort will pay off).
We're going to put both boys in First Steps Baseball, the July session. We'll also sign them up for swim lessons. I think Colton is ready to learn how to actually swim without Mommy - just the lifeguard and I know Maximus is super ready - we probably could have kept moving him up with every session last summer, instead of only doing one.
Elora is crawling now - the soldier crawl. She can sit without falling backward. She loves cherrios, black beans, peaches, bananas, bread, muffins - you name it and she'll eat it and want more! She's definitely finally putting on weight! I trimmed her hair - no more wispy mullet :) And her hair in the front is long enough for me to pull back in a barett or put "up" - I'm going to need to go to the Kid's Cottage this week to get more clips for her! I prefer tastefully simple - not the gaudy glittery stuff :) Which is good because Nic hates it when I put a big bow on her!
No comments:
Post a Comment