Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ohiyo gozaimas

Maximus told me today that "___" kissed "___" on the lips at school today. And when I said, WHAT?! He said, Um... nevermind.  ...Great.

Nic is in the field.  And it's raining nonstop.  I just talked with him and he said his tent is in the middle of a marsh.  Glad I'm not him - although without his radiating heat next to me I think I'm going to have to pile on the blankets tonight....but at least I'm not wet like him!

So I took the privacy thing off my blog - I know several people who keep having trouble viewing my blog.    Even though you can't search for my blog, it's still considered public so I'll have to be wary about what I type as far as Operations Security goes (or OPSEC for you military savvy folks).  So I won't be posting much information about Nic's job, exercises, training, deployments, etc., even though he doesn't have a combat MOS.

I felt like a horrible Mom today.  After taking Maximus to school, Elora and Colton and I went to the PX so I could try to find a pair of jeans that fit me (yes, I did find one!) and around 9:45ish Elora started to get really, really upset.  I checked her diaper and it seemed fine, I tried to feed her Cheerios, baby food... she ended up screaming through the check out line and on the walk to our car (in the rain).  She screamed in the car on the way to Camp Lester to wait for Maximus.  She ended up falling asleep but only for 20 minutes.  When she woke up we got out of the car and walked around under the "shelter" they have in front of the door of Kuwae Preschool and she calmed down some.  I was figuring she was teething - her top gums are very swollen, I know its just a matter of time before those 2 teeth come in.  But after we picked up Maximus and got in the car, she screamed and screamed - THE. WHOLE. RIDE. HOME.

We got home and I pinned her on the ground so I could change her diaper, thinking that it would at least make her feel better to be dry (she was screaming and writhing on the floor).  Lo and behold she had been sitting in poop the entire time and now was completely red from it.  I felt so horrible, I almost cried!!  After I got her cleaned up and medicine on her rear she stopped crying and fighting me and smiled through her tears. Guess that means she forgives me :)

I should probably get to sleep... I had all three kids in bed asleep by 7:30 tonight (why can't this happen when Nic is home??) which means it's probably going to be an early morning.  And it probably also means that someone will wet the bed, which means more laundry for tomorrow!

...Just realized that the only adults I've talked to today (besides on the phone with Nic) were greetings to and from other Moms and teachers at Maximus' school,  Ohiyo gozaimas and Arigato (Good morning and Thank you) to the guards at the gates and the Check out lady at the PX.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!