I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to blog about.... it's like I have blogger's block. I must have started and erased at least 3-4 times now. It's not like we haven't been busy... I'm sure there are actually a million things I could talk about and tell ya'll... but for some reason it's just not coming out! .... Let's see...
Last Sunday was Easter and we all got dolled up to go to church. The boys looked so handsome and Nic actually wore a suit!! He got a new one in Thailand and it looks so handsome on him. It's tailor made to fit him - as in they brought out material and measured and pinned it to fit him! Cashmere and silk?? It's pretty amazing and he is 'ridiculously good looking' in it :) Elora wore a new outfit my sister Karis made for her - super cute crocheted turquoirse dress. I wore a turquoirse dress with my new Jessica Simpson peep toes that Nic bought for me *grin*
We weren't able to stay through the entire church service - we left early to pick our friends up at the airport. Joel and Trixy Zielke and their 6 month old daughter came and stayed with us for a week and we had a lot of fun with them! We did some touristy things - Okinawa world (includes a massive cave, Habu (snake) museum - were we got to hold a python or some sort of snake, and Ryukyu villiage), beaches, Aquarium, sea wall, tour the bases... We wanted to do more outside things - especially going to the beach and snorkeling, but the weather didn't cooperate with us. It rained almost every single day!! And it was windy so borderline chilly most days as well. But we had a great time with them and we were sad to them go back to China (they teach at an international school in Shanghai).
Today, after the Zielkes left, we had Kyle and one of the new LT's come over for dinner. We are his sponsor; his wife is still in the States - there's some trouble with her medical clearance among other things. Hopefully they can get everything figured out so she can get here.... I'm excited for another spouse to join the unit. Most of the guys are single and by this time next year there will only be a couple other spouses besides me. So many people are PSCing!! It's crazy!
Our van is in the shop. I guess that's what happens when you drive a car that's 15 years old!!
I have a pretty lazy week ahead of us. I think it's supposed to rain every day - so I think I might get some spring cleaning in :) exciting, I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment