We made it to the beach again this week - we have a typhoon coming this weekend and every beautiful day we have, I'm taking advantage. I went with a friend who has a son that is Maximus' age and a daughter that was born the day after Elora. It was a cloudy day but warm - there were a few questionable clouds that would pass our way but they amounted to nothing.
Elora loved the water. I waded out with her and just held her and bounced her so she would fall asleep. How can you not with such a great view and the sound of the ocean in your ears? The boys had an awesome time digging and swimming. We were there for over 5 hours! Well worth it :)
We also made it back to the beach another day to walk along the sea wall with the same friends as before. The older boys rode their bikes while I pushed Colton and Elora and my friend Sarah pushed her daughter. It was brutally hot. And eerily not-humid - almost creepy. Like the lull before the storm. We ran into Maximus' former teacher and he didn't recognize her and when he did he refused to look at her or say hi. That's my boy.
After our walk, the kids played at the pirate ship and the zip line.
Earlier that day we went to a market and got some fresh veggies and fruit. (I'm narrating a little out of order, sorry!) So delicious!! And much cheaper than on base (for the most part) - I don't know why I haven't been going to the market more! Oh, wait, yes I know why - because I'm a chicken and need some one to show me first! Anxiety. I wanted to throw up when I saw how puny the parking space was that I was supposed to park my van (ok, not really, but I did say out loud, Are you serious??) - not to mention the line of cars in front of me and behind me - but I'll have you know, I backed that baby into that sardine-like parking spot, only straightening once. Yes. I was proud!
Today we had Maximus' 3 year old preschool graduation ceremony. It was short. They sang a couple songs and walked to their teachers to get their culture folder and certificate. Maximus was angry because, being TIMM he had to wait until 11 kids had gotten their's before they called him up there. Very strange for me, growing up BOLSTAD where I was always first (always a source of more anxiety for me, lol). Nic was able to make it, but he was running late and as I walked in without him the first thing Maximus said to me was, Um, where's Daddy?? Guess we know which side his bread is buttered on! :)
Like I said, we have a typhoon coming this weekend - I believe Saturday late evening. I don't really know how big it's supposed to be ... I should probably look that up... and I should also head to the commissary to pick up some bottled water and groceries in case we're out of power (there apparently have been times where power has been knocked out for weeks, better to be prepared I guess)
My classes start on Monday. Introduction to Law and Legal Research and Analysis. They actually sounds exciting to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment