Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hallelujah Chorus

Well I actually have some time to sit down and write :-) Maximus and I are watching the Prince of Egypt - which by the way, I'm missing the soundtrack to...you know who you are, if you have it I'd like it back :-) hehe. It's a beautiful soundtrack, I would definitely suggest it to ya'll.

Anyway, this movie really touches my heart and brings to life how amazing God is - and what a horrible time it was back then. I can't imagine having to fear for my son's life, or watch him be slaughtered before me, an infant. *shudder*

Speaking of how amazing God is...I've been trying to instill in the boys - well Maximus mostly - to praise God when anything good happens, trivial or important. Maximus likes to sing Hallelujah, over and over (he likes to sing, and I taught him the hallelujah chorus lol) and I've heard him say Praise God! before. I want it to be second nature for them to thank God. (learned this from my Mom- thank you!) So far Maximus doesn't quite get the concept of God and Jesus but I know it will come. When we were sitting in church on Sunday when he told Nic, Jesus isn't here - Jesus not in church. Try explaining that to a 2 year old! Such a hard concept! I think he was looking for Him :-)

Nic just came home - face all painted cammo. Maximus ran to him and said, Daddy- Jesus loves God. :-) Random.

We went swimming today with some friends - Allie and Amelia (her daughter too, Avia is 3ish months). Both of their husbands are in Nic's platoon. They just live up the street from us. Amelia's going to be starting a bible study in September which I'm excited for. I've missed going to my Mom's bible study in STL.

Well, I better go save Nic from Maximus. Nic went up to take a shower and Maximus followed him up there. Nic gets gassed tomorrow - fun. and then on Thursday he has to give an order, which is kind of a big deal.

1 comment:

Katie M said...

I didn't get to see it when Joe got gassed. But I did see it happen to other soldier in the Basic Training video we purchased. Dude. So.much.snot.and.vomit. Good luck to Nic!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!