Thursday, July 16, 2009

Museum of Natural History

July 5th
After we toured the National Mall we headed out to the Museum of Natural History. Solveig had to pee so bad and we passed a thousand porter potty's that were all PAD LOCKED! Luckily she made it safely to the bathroom at the Museum. We ate lunch at the cafe - which cost us all an arm and a leg, and I had the nastiest tasting salad ever....Now I know what it feels like to be a giraffe, eating leaves from the trees. Anyway, Maximus absoluetly LOVED looking at all the stuffed animals. We bypassed all the evolution things - because we don't believe in that - and I'm even skeptical when it comes to the dinosaurs....remember the brontisorus (spelling?) which doesn't even exist?? So I took everything in with a grain of salt... Highlight: Solveig overhearing a conversation between and man and a woman reading facts about kangaroo's breastmilk, how it changes with the joey to fit its needs as it grows. Lady to the man: Wow! I just can't believe that nature does that? Isn't that SOO amazing honey that KANGAROOS can do that? Man to Lady: Wow Honey, that's just amazing! OK....it is pretty amazing...but don't they realize that HUMANS do this too which is why breastmilk is so much better than formula?? HEL-LO!

I'll post pictures later...I'm still in IN :-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!