Friday, June 29, 2012

Forgetting

5 months. 152 days.

The worst part about a deployment is forgetting what your life was like before it.  The worst part is when living thousands of miles away from the most important person in your life, and in the lives of your children is NORMAL.  The worst part is when people say "Oh that must be so hard" ... when you know they didn't even consider for a second just how hard it is (yes, I can tell who does and doesn't).  Even worse is not hearing anything at all - as if your new normal is the same as their normal.

I dare not say we have the end in sight.  But we're getting closer.  And when my husband steps off that plane and I fall into his arms again, there won't be a happier woman in this world - that I can guarantee.

3 comments:

C, Elle & Parker said...

Sigh. I remember feeling similar things. Love you! Hugs!

Katie M said...

I remember feeling similar things as well. People who don't experience a deployment as a spouse will never understand. I hope the rest goes by fast. Nothing better than seeing your soldier (or Marine ;-)) for the first time after a deployment.

PS. Your blog finally started showing back up in my feed. I thought you just quit writing!!

Ingrid said...

Thanks Ellie and Katie - it means a lot to me to know that how I feel is how ya'll felt. It really is so surreal at times and knowing that we have this connection really does make it a bit better :) Miss you Ellie! And Katie, I hope your move is as smooth as I imagine it could be ;)

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!