Monday, March 7, 2011

New crib

So onto another few weeks without Nic - it seems to be getting easier each time.  Not sure if that's good or bad!  But it seems to always start out easy but after about 1-2 weeks gets hard.  It helped last time to stay busy every day so I'm going to try to do that again. 

We've had a lazy day today.  Nic and I didn't get to bed early last night like we wanted - there were just too many last minute things to do, and we didn't even get them all done.  I was going to get up with Nic as he left, around 0600, but Elora woke up last night to nurse and since we went to bed late, I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed (I think little girl is growing).  I was thankful for our TV in our bedroom - I had the boys watch a movie in bed with me while I slept (Elora napped in her bed). So I was able to lounge in bed until pretty late :)  I'm definitley not a morning person, although I wish I was! 
Nic and I always have plans to become morning people, but it never happens!

Yesterday we ended up not going to the beach - we spent too much time at Kadena.  We ended up not buying  me a dresser, mostly because they didn't really have any and we didn't have time to go to the Foster furniture store, but we did end up getting Elora a crib.  I have been wanting to get her one for a couple months now - the mattress in her pack n play is too small and as she's able to move around more, I'm nervous she'll get her face smashed in the gaps and suffocate.  They had a sleigh crib there on sale for $100 so we bit the bullet and got it along with a mattress.  I'm SO glad we did!  As we put it together last night we realized it converts to a toddler bed and then a head and footboard for a full size bed.  So she'll be able to have her own bed until we move back to the states (we had been planning on eventually putting her in bed with Colton, even though it wasn't ideal, it was our only option).  It's kind of funny though... I feel like we're spoiling her a little!  We didn't buy the boys' cribs, they were second hand but Elora ends up with a brand new crib!! HAHA! Oh well, that's what happens when you move a lot (and can't bring most of your stuff).

Today I think I'm going to rearrange Elora's room/office - with the new crib it needs some adjusting.  It's pretty icky out - we're getting close to the rainy season so the wind and rain are beginning to make an appearance.  So we'll stay indoors :)

Maximus has wet the bed the past 4 nights... after going the entire time Nic was home being dry.  I think it most definitely has something to do with Nic leaving.  I don't want to put him in a diaper, so I guess I'll just have him learn how to change his sheets - coordinate some responsibility with his bed wetting (and of course less work for me!).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!