Saturday, March 5, 2011

How's your book Nic?

It's saturday night, kids are in bed and Nic and I are enjoying a lazy late night.  He's reading and I'm catching up on all my blogs.  I love reading about what's going on in all my friends' lives.  Helps me stay connected and sometimes, reminds me that I'm not the only crazy person in the world, haha!

Nic is reading over my shoulder right now. haha, he laughed when he read what I just typed!

Anyway, we finally put Maximus up on the top bunk to sleep at night.  It was just getting out of control.  They would just play and fight and cry and laugh and do anything but go to bed at night.  So I said NO MORE.  Surprisingly, Maximus was fine with it and was actually excited to sleep up there.  Of course he's wet the bed twice in a row, but at least it didn't wake up Colton.  Speaking of Colton, he's actually the one who's been having trouble without Maximus.  He cried tonight that he wanted Maximus to lay with him, but he had to settle for me for a few minutes.  As I leave the room, he tells me to "Come lay with me in two minutes."  I usually check on them every 5-10 minutes.  It helps them know that I'm still here - and that way I can tell them to be quiet and go to bed, too!  I feel like Maximus has grown up since he's sleeping up there now! *sigh* I guess they can't stay my babies forever.

I had a baby shower today for a friend so Elora and I went there while Nic took the boys outside to explore and go on an adventure (as they call it).  They usually end up "hunting" some pretend animal with their rifles.  And they call each other "Jack" (because that's the name of the character on the hunting game on the wii).  Nic also got them some star wars legos to build with him and told them he was leaving again on Monday.  The legos helped soften the blow.  Nic said Colton still doesn't get it, but Maximus understands.  Hopefully Colton doesn't experience too much separation anxiety....

Speaking of that, some chick today commented on how we (another spouse whose husband was gone for 4 weeks) should consider ourselves lucky and not complain because our husbands aren't gone for 7+ months... and I told her - "Anytime away from your husband is a long time, especially when you have children.  It's not so much us (the wives) that have a hard time, its our KIDS."  I was really insulted by her comment and I hope she realizes next time to think before she talks.  Besides, every Marine wife I know DOES consider herself lucky when her husband is only gone for weeks vs. months.

Nic will be gone this time for just under 5 weeks.

1 comment:

C, Elle & Parker said...

Yay! I love catching up on blogs too. I'm glad you guys have been having some fun family time! Nic leaves on Tuesday? Let's get together sometime soon! I hope you got to soak up the sun! It's beautiful today!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!