Our last day with Nic and we have "great" plans. We're starting the morning out with Nic watching the Duke vs. NC game on his computer. The boys are playing legos and Elora is finally taking her morning nap :) We're going to listen to one of my Dad's sermons (they're online) after lunch and then go to Kadena's BX to get a few things (namely a dresser for me, my boycott is officially over I guess) and then go to Araha Beach. It's beautiful outside!! I hope it says warm and sunny! I plan on wearing my swim suit so I can soak up some sun (yes I will wear sunscreen).
Colton's already having issues with Nic leaving - he woke up in the middle of the night wanting Nic and then again this morning. Nic and Colton moved to the couch and slept. It was so cute!
Earlier this morning Colton has his cross bow and told me, Mommy there's some bad germs in your body! I got to get them! .. And then he shot me. HAHA, I wasn't even mad - it was so creative and imaginative that I just laughed and asked if he got them, which he claimed he did :)
Lately I've been feeling very blessed to have the family and life that I have. My boys are so awesome and great - I couldn't ask for better sons! Nic is quite clearly the best husband I could ask for - I haven't cooked dinner in at least a week! And Elora is such a sweet little peanut - I hope she enjoys spending time with me as she gets older - because I know I'm looking forward to it! We have so much - even though there have been times when we struggle financially (which is why I moved from VA to live with my parents while Nic was at Air school - couldn't afford both his rent and ours there... and still owning our townhome - thankfully with Solveig living there we don't have a problem anymore), God always clears the way for us. We really don't want for anything :)
And even when we're not struggling, He finds a way to remind us that He's always looking out for us. For example, Nic read an article last week about the Service Member Civil Relief Act (I believe that's what it's called). Anyway, basically any debt you incur before you join the military - the bank can't charge you more than 6% interest and on 2nd mortgages, they can't charge you more than 1%! How incredible is this?? And how did we not learn about it 2 years ago when Nic went to OCS??? So Nic called Chase about our mortgage and second mortgage. We were paying 7.25% on our first mortgage and 10.25% on our second mortgage - Chase said they're going to change our first mortgage to 4%! And our second mortgage, we're paying off with our tax money, so it really doesn't matter.... BUT I believe they OWE us the extra interest we've been paying - which is fabulous. We'll use that to help pay off probably my school loans from Truman (ack, which I'm just adding to with going back to school but ah well....) Anyway, this is just an example of how God is looking out for us and reminds us that he's taking care of us.
I remember my Mom saying that there would be times when they didn't know what they would do financially and then they would get a random refund from somewhere - just enough to cover what they needed. God really is amazing :) and I love seeing it firsthand!
1 comment:
Amen! God provides in his time and way.
Post a Comment