| Colton Monroe, 2 years |
| Elora Maeryn, 2 months |
| Nic and Ingrid |
| Maximus Lowell, 4 years |
It's actually very late here - 1:30AM... I had 2 mango teas with dinner tonight and I currently regret it - immensely! After tossing and turning in bed for an hour and a half, I gave up. Maybe staring at a computer screen for a while will help.
I hope you like my new name for my blog - I certainly couldn't keep calling it "My Boys" now that Elora has made her debut. My Timm Treasures.... and that's what my family is to me and all these stories and thoughts I write down - I will truly treasure them all. I have started copying and pasting my blog to a document so I can print it all off.... I would like to have a "book" of my blog so I can look through it and read it.... and most importantly, so my kids can read it. That's one reason why I continue my parents' tradition of writing Christmas Newsletters - writing a paragraph for each child - I was was tickled reading what my parents wrote about me (and still am, when I visit - I love to read past letters! All the way back to '84 and beyond!).... and I hope my kids will enjoy reading about what they did too :) Hopefully they won't be too embarrassed by half these posts!
I actually keep thinking I should find some clever way to turn my past blog posts into a book and make some money off my children's antics.... surely someone would pay money to read my story! But I have yet to decide just how to go about that...maybe someday - when the kids are all in school full time and I actually have time during the day to do something I want to do, hehe... If I'm not working full time by then, that is (which I won't if I have my way!!!)
What have we been up to lately? I really couldn't tell you! All I know is that the time is flying by... I can't believe we've been here in Okinawa almost 9 months now... It's been almost a year since I've been to STL and seen much of my family. I miss them all so much!! Especially now that it's Christmas Season... Our Camp had a Christmas parade just this Friday, with a Tree lighting ceremony... and it was so touching, I almost cried several times. It meant so much to me to see our entire community come together in a foreign country and celebrate Advent, albeit in a somewhat secular way.... I was especially touched when the Chaplain prayed before the ceremony. In a world where God is being tossed out with the trash - it was nice to see the Marine Corps put Christ in Christmas and I felt like I was surrounded by family - even though I didn't recognize anyone in the crowd. We had a great time, even though it was freezing! WINDY. Ok, it was probably maaybe 55 degrees out...but it was COLD! Especially when you're used to 95 degrees with 100% humidity!
I want to remind everyone to donate to Toys for Tots - what a wonderful organization adopted by the Marine Corps!! Donated NEW toys are distributed Christmas Day to under-privileged children who otherwise wouldn't have gotten anything. I know toys aren't the reason we celebrate Christmas... but what a great way to show a child they are loved and what a great way to show that child's parents that you care.
2 comments:
I absolutely love your new header ... Elora makes a lovely addition to 'your boys'. :) And as a portrait photographer (I worked for JCPenney Portraits before motherhood), I have to say "well done!" to your friend Ellie ... families are a challenge, and she certainly rose to it!
I've also been thinking about a way to archive my blog, and I found a site that may or may not be helpful: blog2print.com. I'm not sure quite yet what I think of them (or their price tag), so please let me know if you find an alternative.
I can't wait to see what the next Timm Treasures adventures hold! :)
I definately think that you should find some way to share all of these fun stories with the rest of the world! I really love reading your posts and your stories always crack me up. I love reading things that my mom wrote about me over the years, and I hope Parker will enjoy my writing in years to come also. I wish we had been able to go to the Christmas celebration with you guys. I agree, I love how things within the Corps begin with a prayer! I just love getting into the Christmas spirit. It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas though- the weather always fakes me out. But when we get to Maine it'll be snowy and FREEZING, so it'll be a quick shock! It's hard being away from family, especially during the holidays, but at least we have each other! I know I cherish having good friends like you guys... and it makes being away from home just a little bit easier! :)
Post a Comment