Saturday, June 27, 2009

Arlington National Cemetery

Taken from the car as we drove around in DC



View from JFK's grave...I'm not sure what building that is...I can't tell if its the WH or not...



JFK's


Eternal Flame



If my memory serves me correctly this is a memorial to the soldiers that died in the Civil War - the Confederates I think, because I remember it saying that they fought for what they thought was right.


Cannon from ship that was sunk in ....Korean War?


Ship's anchor

Ship's Mast





In the back of the Tomb of the Unknown



Tomb of the Unknown



There were things like this ALL over the place...remembering soldiers




I just can't get over how many graves...how many men and women. There was one area that had a canopy all set up...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!