We've been having bea-u-tiful weather lately so I took advantage today and went to Araha Beah this morning with the kiddos. The water was perfect. The deepest, at the net, was just below my arm pits. I held Elora in the water and got her to fall asleep, so I put her in the stroller and got some time to actually play and swim with the boys! They are so much fun! Maximus and I wore our goggles and we would go under water and swim towards each other and make silly faces. He's becoming such an awesome swimmer!! As long as he can touch, then he has the confidence to go under the water and swim 10 ft before coming up for air!
Colton rode on my back in the shallow waters - I "walked" on my hands. I think I was his horse :) Then I had them stay in the shallow water while I swam out to the net and back to them. They loved watching me, and especially liked it when I would swim under the water towards them so they couldn't see me, and then surprise them by tickling their toes. It's days likes these that I really enjoy being a Mommy - no laundry or cleaning or yelling at the boys to stop climbing over the back of the couch - Just pure fun and playing with them :) And since we went in the morning, right after breakfast, we got home in time for lunch... and in time for me to actually do all the non-fun Mommy things I just mentioned before Nic gets home!
I should be giving them a nap or rest time, but they are playing and giggling with Elora - playing hide and seek. They run to a room and she does her little gimp army crawl to find them. They just laugh and giggle the whole time - I love it!
Both boys dote on Elora - calling her baby-girl, pretty-girl, princess. They are obsessed with her poopy diapers, though - which is either a boy thing or just plan weird. And they get angry if I don't let them look at the poop before I flush it. Although, the other day I had forgotten about a poopy diaper that I had on the arm of the couch and Maximus found it and got REALLY mad at me and told me I was naughty and how he almost touched the "nasty poop." So maybe it's a love-hate relationship!
Colton seems to be getting better with his "attitude" and meltdowns. We're really trying to enforce in him to come to us when he gets angry instead of chasing Maximus and hitting him or pinching him or scratching his face (poor Maximus!). And it seems to be helping. I can't believe he is going to be 3 in just ... 5 days! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his 1st birthday in Quantico and here we are in Okinawa, Japan and he's turning 3. His second Island Birthday :) Who would have thought??
My sister Solveig is coming on the 20th!!! I can't wait!! We are going to have SO much fun with her - it's going to be epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment