Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, its the day before Thanksgiving... last night I told Nic, "Well, what do you want to eat on Thursday - because right now all we have is a turkey!"  So after he ran his mouth for what seemed to me to be forever, I realized I'm going to have to head to the commissary today! On the menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, taffy apple salad, carrots & pumpkin pie.... and I'll probably bake bread today so we can have it tomorrow.  I'm also thinking about making bread pudding again - I made some last week and it was to die for!! I mean really, really, really good.  Probably mostly because the bread I used was brioche - which is a sweet bread and also VERY delicious. 

I was able to sleep last night for 9 hours STRAIGHT! It was so. awesome.  It was Nic's turn to stay up with her - I fed her at 9 and then she had trouble staying asleep.  I went straight to bed while Nic attempted to put her to bed a couple times.  He finally gave up and ended up playing his PS3 in the living room with her.  I think he finally put her to bed for the night at 11.  The last several nights she had been going to bed between 8 &9 so hopefully she goes back to that for tonight! (Especially since it's my night!)

I was talking with Maximus' teacher last week and found out that she is PSC-ing at the end of this school year.  I'm sad because she is so wonderful; I wanted Colton to have her next year.  But I guess I should be happy for her - they got Hawaii! How awesome is that?! Go from one island to an even better one - she said there's an outdoor mall close to base!  Oh, what I wouldn't give to have an outdoor (AMERICAN) mall close!  That's probably the only thing about living here that truly sucks - the shopping.  Sorry, but the PX just doesn't cut it.  I don't have much clothes that fit me (Thank you Elora) and the styles they have here are... interesting, most of the time.  It's like I either have to start dressing like I'm 40 or Miley Cyrus. LOL

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!